Wednesday, November 10, 2010

An Interview with Tilly Towel Creator Candace Price

Candace Price is the heart and soul (and brains) behind the gorgeous line of products called Tilly Towel.   She is a mother, wife, entrepreneur, business owner  and our friend!  Hope you enjoy getting to know her a little better...

TELL US A LITTLE ABOUT YOURSELF, CANDACE. 
I have lived in South Walton for over 6 years and I love fashion and design!  I have been designing and making jewelry since I moved to the beach from Nashville.  A couple of years ago I searched for the perfect beach towel.  To my surprise, I never found it so I decided to make my own.  That was the beginning of Tilly Towel!  I began by producing fabric samples with various types of terry cloth.  Then I selected a pattern and we proceeded with production.  I began with two products – the adult and baby towels.  Since then I have added children’s hooded towels and cover ups.  

DESCRIBE THE TILLY PRODUCTS AND WHAT MAKES THEM SO WONDERFUL.
Tilly Towel products are made with 100% cotton fabric and French terry cloth.  The more you wash them the softer they become.




WHAT IS YOUR INSPIRATION?
I definitely have a creative side that allows me to explore with lots of different ideas.  I love design and fashion and that is probably where I find most of my inspiration.  We also take family trips each year and I enjoy harnessing inspiration from other places.  One of my favorite spots is St Barths.  It always gets my creative juices flowing.  

HOW DOES OUR BEACH ENVIRONMENT AFFECT YOUR CREATIVE PROCESS? 
There is nothing better than the beach and the laid back attitude that goes along with it.  The tranquility of our area with the dunes and dune lakes is a great foundation in which I build on



IF YOU COULDN’T LIVE AT THE BEACH, WHERE WOULD YOU LIVE AND WHY?
I don’t think I could live anywhere but the beach!  But if there was one other place, I think the style in Aspen is top notch.  We travel there quite a bit because my husband is an avid skiier.  It is a nice compliment to our time on 30-A.

BIGGEST PET PEEVE?  
Bad champagne at parties.

WHAT MAKES YOU HAPPIEST? 
My family!  I’m a big family girl and love nothing more than to be with my son, husband, and my Pug Tilly.

IF YOU COULD SWAP LIVES WITH SOMEONE FOR ONE DAY, WHO WOULD IT BE WITH? 
Hmmm this is a hard one.  I would love to be Tory Burch.  She has built a sucessful brand from her own style.  I would love to understand the business aspects of growing a brand that hits the masses.

ADVICE TO OTHER WOMEN WHO ARE AFRAID TO TAKE A RISK?  
Just do it!  You’ll be surprised at the support you receive from the community that helps you juggle work & family!


Thanks so much Candace!  We love your products and YOU!   To purchase the Tilly Towel, just click here!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...